Thursday, August 05, 2004

There she stood
As sincerely as she could
Emitting a radiant smile
Soothing my jumpy nerves

And while he sat
In that special chair
Trying to analyze the novice
Half in thot, half aware

The teary eyed, sari clad lady,
Clutching her fists
Waiting to know,
What next?

And that beautiful girl,
With a most expressive face,
It smiled, then got horrified,
And then seeked closure

The elderly white-haired lady,
Taking notes,
Once in a while
Raising her eyebrows

And while I painted
Some only saw with their ears
They heard my voice
And painted with their eyes

And the girl, whom I could only see,
From the corner of my eye
And who could only hear me
From the corner of her mind

And he who put on
That blank expression
Trying to control
A tumultuous tempest

And finally you
You, who doesn't see me
You, who doesn't hear me
But you neverthless can read me.

I bow to ye all in gratitude
You may not realize
Your importance
Your function

And while I am not me,
I pray to God,
That I live the sublime existence,
Of You.

No comments: